Motorcycle Service Technician
Windy City-Fox Motorsports is a growing organization setting the pace in the motorcycle industry. With 19 dealership locations in Chicagoland and Southern Wisconsin, we are a company by riders for riders. We are committed to delivering exceptional experiences to our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Our goal is to provide the absolute best dealership experience possible! We have a knowledgeable staff that is ready to help you with all of your Harley-Davidson needs. Come visit us and check out our Parts and Motorclothes departments to accessorize your bike or to gear up for the road. We also have a full Service department to help you ensure your bike is riding safely. Check back with us often for news on exciting events, inventory updates, and specials in all our departments.
We need technicians who want to feel like they are part of the family and valued, love motorcycles, have exerience and also just starting their careers. Our business is growing rapidly and will continue to grow. If you are looking to be part of something great, work hard, have a positive attitude, you need to email us asap. This is a career position.
401k Plan with company match
Paid Time Off
Business casual dress code
A fun environment!
Service Dept. Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible
- Continually improve this "efficiency" skill
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when need become known
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become know so that the customer may be contacted and notified of the delay
- After the job is finished, ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisifaction
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur
- Keep customer's vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience is highly preferred
- Current Motorcycle license is required
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 10 days of hire
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.